SAIRAC serves the Environmental Control Industry. The purpose of the Environmental Control Industry is to implement environmental control measures to ensure:
- The health, safety and comfort of people.
- The processing and preservation of perishables.
- The protection of the environment.
The environmental control measures include:
- Control of airflow
- Control of air quality
- Temperature control
- Humidity control
- Noise control
- Energy control
The purpose of SAIRAC within the Environmental Control Industry is to:
- Generate, manage and disseminate information and knowledge related to the science and technology of Environmental Control.
- Promote professionalism in the Environmental Control Industry.
The mission of SAIRAC is to offer our membership the following:
- Regular Technical Meetings, in each of the Centres.
- Site visits and plant tours.
- Enrichment courses.
- Feedback related to the revision of SANS/NCRS codes of practice.
- Feedback on the HCFC phase-out programme.
- The SAIRAC Technical Data Manual in CD format.
- The Dreosti Memorial Lecture.
- FRIGAIR exhibitions, conferences and workshops.
The creation of a culture of learning and improvement by means of:
- The recognition of the achievements of SAIRAC members, in their working environments and professional capacities, in the Environmental Control Industry.
- The recognition of the achievements of students at tertiary educational institutions.
- The recognition of the achievements of learners in the Industry.